Idea Pool - Online Activities creating community - and inspiring change!

Today’s question is about online activities that you have participated in - or can imagine - that you find that are good for creating community - and/or that create change (personal or societal).

Here are some examples of activities that I find work very well online - and that do either of the two “objectives”

1. Bookclub - or indeed film club, cooking club etc… I think these activities work well online, and at the same time can be really good to get to know each other in a more personal way. I think the Quinta Queer Book Club on here, for example, is a brilliant example of it!

2. (Group-)coaching I also find is something that works extremely well online. My experience with it is that it is less suited to create community, but it is very effective to create change and momentum for change.

3. Parties! I love parties and they have been so much fun over the last year or so for me. I remember finding it quite strange at the beginning, but now it is something I look forward to. Granted, it’s not fast for getting to know people, though I feel I got to know quite a few people through seeing them at parties - and then maybe bumping into them in a different setting. I think I like the fun aspect of it … :wink:

So what about you? What events online do you find that are connecting you to other people? Or that help you to create change? I’m looking forward to lots of ideas!

Love
Stephan